Job Posting – Marketing Coordinator
January 27, 2022
Date Posted: January 27, 2022
Application Deadline: February 17, 2022
Start Date: Early/Mid-March 2022
Hourly Pay Rate: $22/hr, 18 hours per week
Job Type: Part-time
The Music Gallery is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to support its efforts in presenting exciting, experimental music in Toronto. Reporting to the Executive and Artistic Directors, you will support a wide range of activities including but not limited to: social media management, press release/ content creation, partnership development and event promotion.
Most importantly, this is a creative role! We want you to have fun, to dive into new topics, to explore and learn about music and come out to our events. The Music Gallery is an agile space dedicated to creative thinkers, we’re here to support you in your exploration and development.
The Music Gallery’s events largely take place at 918 Bathurst St, though from time to time take place in other locations such as other concert venues, bars, libraries, bookstores and other community spaces. The ideal candidate is a lover of diverse approaches to experimental music and its various communities.
- Confidence in running a content campaign including research, planning, creation and distribution
- In depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media best practices
- Experience using CMS such as WordPress as well as Google Suite
- Strong writing and editing skills with a relentless attention to detail
- Experience using data analytics to measure the impact of your work
- Experience with running effective paid advertising campaigns for social media
- Ability to conceptualize, document and pitch unique and creative activities
- Ability to think quickly on your feet
- Upholding the Music Gallery ethos; you understand and apply the MG’s mission, vision, values, policies and practices in real time. You’re dedicated to creating and maintaining a kind and professional environment for all staff, patrons and stakeholders.
- Project management; you have the ability to strategize and execute marketing plans and tactics with a high attention to detail. You’re able to monitor marketing schedules and provide ongoing updates to all stakeholders to ensure materials are provided on time.
- Content creation; you’re the voice of the Music Gallery! You are able to create consistent, meaningful content on all social media and email marketing platforms. You are available to come to our live performances and create context-based content for our followers.
- Partnerships and Community; The MG is dedicated to building up our surrounding community. A large part of this role is contacting, negotiating and delivering on marketing partnerships with community organizations, as well as coordinating promotions in-kind with partner organizations, publicists, and social media influencers.
- Event promotion: The Music Gallery’s events span many genres, it’s critical that we tailor our digital marketing and press. This means managing publicity via generating and issuing press releases and following up said releases with print, audio and visual media sources. Managing print and web advertising as they arise and running event promotion campaigns through submitting web events on various platforms and promoting to magazines.
- In depth experience with the Toronto/ Canadian music scene
- Ability to use graphic design softwares such as Photoshop/ GIMP
- Technical skills in video creation or online streaming
- Safer spaces or bystander intervention training
- The Music Gallery’s venue and primary job site, 918 Bathurst, is not currently wheelchair accessible due to stairs (two half flights to enter the performance space, and one flight to access the washrooms). We are working with 918 Bathurst to make the building accessible for all.
Music Gallery does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Music Gallery is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
How to Apply
Please send your resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
The Music Gallery
Subject Line: Marketing Coordinator Application
Please note that incomplete submissions will not be considered. Applications will not be accepted by fax, mail, courier or hand-delivery. No phone calls please.
The Music Gallery would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.