Everyone has the right to feel safe and included.
We recognize that safety looks different at each intersection (age, ancestry, colour, family status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental disability, physical disability, place of origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or source of income), and understand that even though we will do our best, we have so much to learn.
In order to help foster safer spaces at all Music Gallery events, we have created this living document. A copy of this will be kept on site at the front desk and all copies of this will be available online for viewing and downloading. If you have any comments or questions, please contact email@example.com.
How to access support:
We expect all attendees and community members to respect one another, and to respect the work that was created for you to explore. We will not tolerate harm or harmful behaviour of any kind.
- In person: All staff and board at Music Gallery events have completed training in creating safer artistic spaces from the Dandelion Initiative. We take the safety of our artists, staff, and patrons very seriously. If you need support at any time at our events, our front of house staff is ready to help.
- Online: All of our streamed events will be monitored by staff. If you need any assistance feel free to contact our twitch handle @musicgalleryto or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways we make our space safer:
- Accessibility: Accessibility varies by venue. Detailed information on wheelchair access, seating, transit, lights/ sounds and washrooms can be accessed within each event description.
- Financial needs: We never want to turn away a music enthusiast. If you are unable to attend a Music Gallery event due to funds, email email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Washrooms: At 918 Bathurst, and whenever possible, Music Gallery will offer gender-neutral washrooms in the venues we use.
- Therapeutic Room: At 918 Bathurst and whenever possible, the Music Gallery will offer a therapeutic room with access upon request. To access a therapeutic room, please notify front of house. Inside of this room will be noise reduction headphones, sunglasses, sanitizer and fidgets.
- Safe Walks: If at any point, or for any reason, you need the help of staff to walk you between the venue to your mode of transportation, we are happy to assist you. For help pre-event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organize a time. For help during/post-event, please speak to one of our front of house staff to arrange.
- Harm Reduction: Naloxone and first aid kits are available at our front desk. Naloxone can reverse an opioid overdose, including fentanyl. For more information on Naloxone visit here.
- Conduct: If you witness abusive or discriminatory behaviour at our venue, or know of such behaviour from any of our staff or artists, we believe you. You can review our full Code of Conduct here. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- COVID Support: If someone is not respecting your space, or not complying with our COVID policies, please reach out to front of house staff to support.
Updated February 2022